Coming August 2022…
30,000 Sq. Ft. Indoor Facility
Tryout Dates and Sign up Links:
8u – Tuesday, July 12th, 5pm Sign up
9u – Tuesday, July 12th, 5pm Sign up
10u – Tuesday, July 12th, 7pm Sign up
11u – Tuesday, July 12th, 7pm Sign up
12u – Monday, July 11th, 5pm Sign up
13u – Monday, July 11th, 5pm Sign up
14u – Monday, July 11th, 7pm Sign up
All High School – Wednesday, July 20th, 6pm Sign up
YOU MUST SIGN UP AND REGISTER. Please follow the appropriate links above!
If you can’t make any of the above, a second date is offered at these times:
Saturday, July 23rd
Tryouts/Evaluations will include gathering of initial measurables combined with coaches’ ratings on technique and skills. New skills will be introduced to gauge how “coachable” players are. All measurables and ratings will be shared immediately following the tryout along with tryout results electronically.
Skill/technique assessments will include:
· Speed- The athletes overall foot speed.
· Infield – footwork, throwing velocity and accuracy, glove work (catch play, deflections, forehands, backhands, etc.)
· Outfield – footwork (drop steps, routes to balls, crow hop or pro step), throwing velocity and accuracy
· Pitching – Spots (accuracy), Spin (movement), Speed (velocity)
· Catching – blocking, receiving, framing, transfers, mobility/agility
· Hitting – Power, bunting, contact, and overall mechanics
ABA is a baseball training and development program – not an ordinary travel team. What does this mean? We focus on training the skills – Physical, mental, and emotional – for the players to manage and play the game. It is a year-round training program (but multi-sport friendly) focused on excelling at the fundamental physical and mental skills necessary to play each position on the field while developing each player’s high-level game IQ.